Address Book Express is a super simple, intuitive & responsive web-based address book and contact manager written in PHP with MySQL backend featuring groups, addresses, e-Mails, phone numbers, contact photo, birthdays with admin panel and many more:
-Web Hosting (XAMPP/WAMP can also be used)
How to install
1. Unzip the file you downloaded
2. Upload the file to the hosting root or folder of your choice
3. Create a MySQL database using phpmyadmin or otherwise
4. Download the SQL dump file called mysql_dump_with_dummy_data.sql.
5. Import this SQL dump to the database created (This database contains some sample data which you can delete later)
6. Enter the database connectivity details as follows: Find “ConnectionManager.php” in connections folder and on line 254-258 find below block of code:
$data[“connInfo”] = “database_host_name”;
$data[“connInfo”] = “database_user_name”;
$data[“connInfo”] = “database_user_password”;
$data[“connInfo”] = “database_port_number”;
$data[“connInfo”] = “database_name”;
Update your database connectivity details above. Default values for database port & host name as follows: database_host_name = localhost database_port_number = 3306 If above default details do not work, contact your hosting provider for the same.
7. Then visit the url and the login screen should appear now.
8. Use following admin logins:
Once you log in, go to Admin Area. You can create any no of users with various user rights to different tables.